The Varsity Network
Do you have an unwavering belief in human potential? We do. For nearly two decades, the ideals of Positive Youth Development through Sport have been hard at work in our nation’s vulnerable schools, capitalizing on a student’s passion for their sport, transforming team culture, and driving incredible stories of academic achievement. The difference maker has always been a talented, caring, adult educator in a professional Academic Athletic Coach staff position, who works to develop high impact student athlete development programming.
The AthLife Foundation’s platform supports a growing number of schools and partners that believe in this concept. The Varsity Network is a way for schools and the talented educators to connect and share winning strategies and resources across the platform in a variety of ways.
If your school competes in interscholastic athletics -and- has a current Academic-Athletic Coach in place -or- a desire to develop a position and program, you can enroll your school.
Schools in The Varsity Network have access to the following:
- Peer-to-Peer Driven Resources – tools and strategies developed by talented educators acrossthe country;
- Registration Fee Discount to the annual AthLife Foundation National Conference;
- Exclusive Invitations to regional professional development opportunities throughout the year;
- Professional Development Grants (based on availability and funding partner) to aide in covering the cost for attending conferences and trainings coordinated by the AthLife Foundation;
- Kowalski-Robinson Scholarship – each year a limited number of scholarships are available for graduating seniors from schools in The Varsity Network and are selected on a rotating basis based on a number of factors;
- Prep48 (www.prep48.com) Discount – a leading web based educational tool for staff, student-athletes and parents to learn about NCAA Initial Eligibility and accurately stay on track – $50 annual license + a one time set up fee of $49, with no limit on # of student-athletes on the system. (Non-member price: $399 annual + $99 Initial Set Up);
- Experiential Learning Opportunities developed through a national network of sports industry professionals from the AthLife Foundation Board of Directors and National Advisory Board;
- AthLife Foundation Staff & Consultants to establish consistent Data Collection Protocols for schools to conduct self-evaluations, and develop their own program marketing initiatives.
Expectations for Participation & Enrollment:
It’s simple and easy to maintain your school’s status in The Varsity Network annually by completing an End of Year Data Collection Protocol and sending one (1) or more staff to the annual AthLife Foundation National Conference (Atlanta, GA – July 26th-29th).